Last Updated on June 11, 2020 by Cristina
Benefits of Argan Oil for Beard Growth – In several of our articles, we have stated how important it is that your beard products be made wholly from natural products. Well, today, we would focus on one of those natural products – Argan oil.
Using Argan oil for beard has become increasingly popular since the turn of the decade. So we would take a look at its origins and benefits for beard growth.
Background Information on Argan Oil
Argan oil is a vegetable oil used in cosmetics and cooking. It is found naturally in Morocco from the nuts of Argania spinose tree. Due to its origin, it is sometimes called Moroccan oil.
The mode of extraction of oil in the argan kernels is by hand, even in today’s technology-driven world. This is one of the reasons why supply for it is limited making it quite expensive. Despite its cost, the demand for oil has significantly increased over the years. It shows that oil is an effective product especially for skin and beard care.
Oils like argan oil are commonly referred to as carrier oils. They help transport nutrients to the skin, especially when mixed with essential oils as is the case with beard oils. Carrier oils are easily absorbed by the skin and serve as an excellent moisturizer for skin and hair. They have become a staple for beards men because it stimulates beard growth.
Argan oil is made up of many substances that are scientifically proven to be beneficial for skin and hair. Such as:
- Oleic acid
- Linoleic acid
- Palmitic acid
- Stearic acid
- Linolenic acid
- Vitamin A, E
- Natural Phenols
Argan oil is rich in vitamins A&E which are known to help stimulate hair growth.
Argan oil has a whole lot of benefits for skin and beard. It is even used for cooking in its native Morocco by the locals and is said to have several health benefits. Some of the benefits for beard includes:
- Healthy Skin: Your skin is a huge factor when it comes to beard growth. Argan oil is beneficial for both skin and hair. Healthy skin means healthy hair. So if your hair follicles are healthy, it would grow a thick and strong beard.
- Reduces Inflammation: The oleic and linoleic acids in argan help to reduce inflammation, which is often responsible for hair loss.
- Natural Moisturizer: It moisturizes the beard and the skin underneath it while not making it look too oily.
- Healthy Appearance: It nourishes and repairs split ends in your hair as a result of Vitamin E. This increases hair shine and generally makes your beard good-looking.
- Argan oil is also suitable for those with dry skin.
Other benefits include:
- Soothing irritated skin
- Makes you look good – keeps your beard looking shiny and healthy
- Prevents beardruff
- Promotes growth
- Softens beard
- Prevents Itch
- Repairs beard.
Argan oil is usually an ingredient for premium beard oils, which means they would come at a premium price. It is important to know the effect of whatever you use on your body; this is the same for argan oil.
Ways to use Argan Oil for Beard Growth
As most of us already know, Argan oil is found as an ingredient in many quality beard products. From your beard oils to beard balms to shampoo. If it’s good, it probably contains Argan oil. Argan oil is versatile in usage; it depends on what the user would need it for. The uses include:
- Shampoo: Argan oil can be used as a shampoo. A few drops can be massaged into the beard then washed with warm water. This could make a significant difference in getting a healthy beard.
- Conditioner: When using it as a conditioner, you leave it in your beard all day. More like the way beard oil is used. Take a few drops and rub between your palms, then use it to massage your beard. Make sure to use your hands to get the oil into the beard properly.
- Styling Mask: After showering at night, apply argan oil then wrap it in a small towel before sleeping. This helps to soften while you sleep
Irrespective of the nature of your beard – short, long, stubble, etc., argan oil is suitable for use. Your beard oil/argan oil should be applied daily.
Buying Argan Oil
There are a lot of fake products out there that try to pass as the real thing. This is the same for Argan oil. The tree is endemic to Morocco, so obviously it is produced there.
The country has to deal with counterfeits trying to export as the real deal. So every year the government tests the oil just before it is shipped to maintain its integrity. When buying argan oil for beard use, here are things you should look at for in the label:
- Guaranteed 100% argan oil
- Produced in UNESCO region of Morocco
If you’re considering going for quality argan oil, we highly recommend Organic Moroccan Argan Oil by Kate Blanc. It gives all the benefits you would expect from a quality argan oil, suitable for beard, hair, skin, and even nails.
As mentioned earlier, argan oil is quite expensive due to its limited supply and its manufacturing process. Some men might be seeking alternatives, so they don’t burn a hole in their pocket. This is not to say that argan oil is so expensive that many can’t afford it. Price is only a concern when compared to other alternatives.
Coconut oil is a carrier oil that can serve as an excellent alternative for argan oil due to their similar chemical structure. Just make sure to seek cold-pressed, organic, and untreated coconut oils.
So how great is Argan oil for the beard? It’s fantastic. Whether you use it on your beard alone or it is contained as an ingredient in your beard oil, it leaves your beard soft, thick, and healthy. Just remember that you have to pay a premium for it. But nothing beats quality, eh?
Thank you for reading this article. We do hope we’ve shed more light on the premium oil that is argan oil. We look forward to hearing from you in the comments section.