Last Updated on September 5, 2021 by Cristina
When you hear the name cowboy mustache, you will think of the cowboys wearing leather hats and boots, riding horses. Cowboy beards and mustaches symbolize cowboys, and they also represent masculinity. The full mustaches represent the toughness of the men and some charisma to their personality. However, these old west beard styles can also be worn by different people depending on their age. This beard style is not for the youth. This post outlines different measures that you can take if you want to grow a cowboy mustache.
How To Grow Cowboy Beards And Mustaches
If you are interested in grooming old west beard styles, you should leave your facial hair to grow for about 14 days or more. It is important to be patient and leave the hair to grow until it reaches the desired length before you begin trimming it. Cowboy mustache does not necessarily mean that it should be shabby though it is associated with cowboys. To maintain your mustache in good shape, you should trim it regularly.
Trimming Your Cowboy Mustache
Essentially, when trimming your cowboy mustache, you should prioritize precision and accuracy. To give your mustache a smooth look, you are likely to face some challenges. You need to practice trimming your hair. When eating, drinking, or drinking you should ensure that your mustache does not interfere with your mouth. This is the reason why trimming your mustaches regularly is vital.
Trimming also helps keep your beards healthy and clean. When you trim your facial hair, you ensure that its natural growth is not affected. You should get the following tools and supplies to trim and maintain your beard and mustache.
- Grooming scissors
- Shaving gel
- Dry blower
- Mustache wax
- Mustache comb
Trimming is crucial since it helps you eliminate unwanted hairs and shape your beard. There are is no strict time or routine to trim your mustache. Just cut and style the hair when it suits your needs.
Philips Norelco MG5750/49 Multigroom All-In-One Trimmer Series 5000
Tips To Trim Your Cowboy Mustache
Trimming your mustache can be complicated if you lack accuracy and precision. The following are some of the tips that can help you trim the mustache effortlessly.
- Before you begin to trim your mustache, you should ensure that you thoroughly wash the hair and dry it. You can use daily beard soap to clean your mustache, and it also helps to keep your upper lip hydrated. You do not need a special detergent that can be costly to clean your hair.
- Thoroughly comb your facial hair and mustache before you trim and style them. This will help you maintain the same length of hair and also remove debris and potential knots that may be in your beard.
- You should always use your comb and scissors when you begin to trim the mustache. This will help you to cut off the flyaway hairs. When your hair has great volume, you must lessen the thickness first to minimize the chances of making mistakes.
- When you begin trimming, make sure you start from the middle. You can comb your hair as many times as you want in between trimming to ensure a smooth cut.
- The next step is to use your electric beard or mustache trimmer when you are confident that your hair has reached the desired level. To ensure precision, you must not trim your hair in one go. This will help you to get room to correct mistakes if you accidentally leave some uneven edges.
- When you are satisfied with your new style, you should closely inspect it from different angles to ensure that there are no uneven ends.
Tips To Maintain Beard And Mustache
The following are additional tips that you can consider to maintain your beard and mustache in good health. Make sure you have these additional supplies in your grooming routine.
You should use a cleanser to maintain your mustache supple and healthy. Dead skin cells are likely to accumulate on the skin underneath the beard over time. This will lead to the blockage of the skin pores which can affect hair growth. Dandruff can also develop on your beard, and this can affect its growth. Therefore, you must cleanse your beard and mustache to promote healthy growth.
Apply Beard Care Products
You should use quality beard oil on your mustache to moisturize it and hydrate the skin underneath. Beard oil should reach the base of your facial hair to nourish the hair follicles and maintain good skin health. When styling your mustache and beards, you should use quality beard wax to train your hair to grow in a certain direction. This will help your hair to maintain its shape for a long time. Additionally, you can use a mustache comb or boar bristle brush to spread the wax across your hair. A brush or comb trains your hair and also exfoliates the skin underneath to ensure the healthy growth of hair.
Another basic step that you should consider to grow a healthy and fuller beard is to maintain a good diet. Quality food significantly affects the solid growth of hair making the mustache look energetic and youthful. Your diet should include nutrients like protein, and different types of vitamins that promote the growth of hair. You should also drink a lot of water since it plays a critical role in hydrating your body. The hair follicles should get sufficient nutrients and oxygen through improved blood flow. This will help keep your facial hair in good health and easy to maintain.
When you think of western beard styles, the first thing that comes to your mind is cowboys and their mustaches. The major symbol of the cowboy is their mustache. However, it does not necessarily mean that the mustache style is specifically for the cowboys. When you have a fuller beard, you can also wear the cowboy mustache style. We hope you have enjoyed reading this post about cowboy beards and mustaches. You can leave your comments below or share the article.